Nutritional Therapy is an individual-centred approach to healthcare that applies the principles derived from current biochemical and physiological scientific knowledge for the purpose of promoting optimal health and wellbeing whilst recognising biochemical individuality. The Nutritional Therapist assesses a person’s nutritional needs through discussion, observation, physical signs, laboratory testing and nutritional and lifestyle analysis to determine an education nutrition programme.
Educational protocols recommended by the Nutritional Therapist may include nutrition and lifestyle changes, vitamin and mineral supplementation, explanation of physiological, biochemical and regenerative processes. The use of food and lifestyle changes is recognised as a principle component of achieving and maintaining optimal levels of health. A qualified Nutritional Therapist will work with you to achieve the best food selection for your personal needs.
Nutrition and lifestyle approaches to healthcare have been repeatedly shown to support the health of all the major systems of the body (skeletal, muscular, nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine, immune, reproductive skin, hair and nails). Typical priorities in nutritional therapy consultations are support to achieve optimum energy levels, healthy blood‐sugar balance, emotional and psychological wellbeing, optimise gastrointestinal health and tolerance to a broad range of food groups.
Food supplementation is sometimes challenged by people who recognise that a balanced diet should meet everyone’s unique and biochemcal needs. Whilsts Nutritional Therapists are trained in the application of food as a health modifier, they also recognise, as do more and more scientists that there are distinct benefits to the use of specific food supplements in conjunction with both a healthy and well balanced diet and a specific lifestyle programme.
Please see below for Nutritional Therapy Packages:-
Why does Fiona Offer Packages?
Having been in practice 20 years it has become apparent to me that the people who do best on a Nutritional Therapy Programme are the people who are committed and realise that it has taken them many years to develop a health issue and that it will take some months to improve and make changes that they can keep to in the longer term and therefore obtain longer lasting benefit.
With complex health conditions there are often multiple body systems involved that need to be addressed and biological processes that need supporting (detoxification, digestive processes, stress response). Plus of course, individual therapeutic dietary changes will be recommended which are targeted specifically to your needs and these will be adapted as your physical requirements alter.
By offering a package Fiona is able to support you over a period time so that you can make and stick with therapeutic dietary and lifestyle changes and to encourage you to make this permanent and life long way and to see it through rather than a 'quick fix'. By having a number of appointments booked it also means you know that if you feel you are struggling your next appointment or 'checkin-in' call is there for us to sort out any issues you are having.
Fiona is also able to spend time after each appointment behind the scenes, looking at the latest scientific research, considering (discussing with the lab if necessary) which test may be best for you, sorting out the right supplements for you as well as work with other professionals if necessary for the best advice. This permits me to give your case the attention it deserves.
Fiona always wants to do the best she can for her clients and by working this way it allows her to give you more time so that you know you are not doing this on your own and that she in your corner encouraging and motivating you to be the best version of yourself you can be.
It can also take time as we peel away the layers of the onion to really get to the root cause as it be can clouded by other symptoms and as these fall away we can really get to the centre of that onion.
I have discovered over the years that getting people well really takes time and by providing packages this means that when you commit yourself to a package I also am also obliged to give you my full attention and do as much as I can to help you get well and live a healthier and happier life.
The Introductory Package
This package is designed for people who are unsure which package is best for them and would like to spend some time with Fiona before making a further commitment or people looking to work preventively with their health or those with less complicated health concerns. This package can be upgraded to one of the packages below and the fee already paid is deducted from the package that you then choose to follow.
Once the appointment has been booked Fiona will email or post a number of forms including a detailed questionnaire asking about your medical history, lifestyle and food preferences which are to be completed ready for the appointment.
Initial Appointments last 90 minutes allowing Fiona time to discuss the answers you have provided on your questionnaire fully, giving Fiona an insight into your current health issues, symptoms family history and lifestyle. Fiona will also discuss with you the proposed strategy moving forward designed to suit your needs and then follow this up with a personalised report.
Supplements may be recommended to help correct nutritional deficiencies and to support the body whilst it is adapting to dietary changes. Supplements are an additional cost to the consultation.
The Package Includes:-
- A 90 minute Initial Nutrition Consultation where Fiona assesses symptoms, medical history, diet and lifestyle. Fiona will provide you with some basic instructions at this point and then email a personalised plan of action with dietary recommendations which you will receive within a week.
- A supplement programme if appropriate
- Recipes to inspire you
- A 60 minute follow-up consultation 4 - 6 weeks after the initial appointment. Following the appointment Fiona will then write to you with further recommendations and updated supplement recommendations.
- 15 minutes email or phone support between the first and second appointment.
The Intermediate Package – 3 month programme
This allows Fiona to work with you to dive deeper to get to the root cause of your symptoms to help you reach your health goals. This package offers a moderate level of support between appointments and is ideal for people with a variety of health concerns including hormonal imbalance, blood sugar fluctuations, reduced energy levels, digestive issues including IBS, wind and bloating. It is also suitable for people wanting to carry out a liver detox or for those wanting to improve their understanding of nutrition and wanting to perform at their optimum.
- A 90 minute Initial Nutrition Consultation where Fiona assesses symptoms, medical history, diet and lifestyle. Fiona will provide you with some basic instructions at this point and then email or post a personalised plan of action with dietary recommendations which you will receive within a week.
- A supplement programme if appropriate
- Recipes to inspire you
- 2 x 60 minutes follow-up consultations to discuss your progress, go through test results if applicable and make adjustments to your progamme as needed.
- 60 Minutes of dedicated research time outside of the consultation - should this not be required this could be used for an additional consultation or interpretation of blood test results or writing to your GP.
- Remote support such as succinct emails or 10 – 15 minutes phone calls to the total of 60 minutes used during the duration of the package.
This package is ideally recommended as a 3 months programme although depending on the situation it could be used over a longer period and appointments must be made within a 6 month time period from date of booking.
Complex Conditions Package – 6 months
This package is for people with significant health issues such as auto-immune conditions (hashimoto’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease etc.,) multiple diagnosis, small intestinal bowel overgrowth, chronic fatigue symptoms, neurological/cognitive issues, mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, bi-polar, viruses, breast or prostate cancer support and people on multiple medications.
My clinical experience has made me aware that with complex conditions it has often taken many years to become unwell and therefore it can take many months and sometimes longer to get well. This package allows for more frequent contact with support calls every two weeks during the first two months to help encourage and motivate you.
- A 90 minute Initial Nutrition Consultation where Fiona assesses symptoms, medical history, diet and lifestyle. Fiona will provide you with some basic instructions at this point and then she will carry out necessary research, check drug-nutrient interactions, look at test options and then write a personalised and in-depth action plan which you will receive within a week.
- Includes up to 3 hours of dedicated research time outside of the consultation.
- 3 x 60 minute follow-up appointments
- 3 x 30 minute phone/email 'check-ins' between face to face appointments to help keep you motivated. One of these to take place within 2 weeks of the initial consultation to make sure everything is clear and talk through test instructions if required.
- Recipe Suggestions
- Supplement Recommendations and adjustments
This package is ideally recommended as a 6 months programme although depending on the situation it could be used over a longer period and appointments must be completed within a 9 month time frame from date of booking.
Recommendations may also include laboratory testing and analysis which is an additional cost to the package fee - this applies to all packages.